Meet our Team
Jess Properties is a unique family business, standing for John, Edward, Sue and Samantha. They have been providing high quality property development in Bristol since 2000. After moving on from a successful career in professional rugby, playing for Bath, Gloucester and Bristol, Edward was looking for a change – and that change was to be found in property development.
Joining forces with brother John, they decided to establish Jess Properties alongside their mother Sue and sister Samantha. Beginning with buying and renovating properties to rent out as part of their own portfolio, they soon started to offer renovations to fellow landlords, refurbishing kitchens and bathrooms alongside other smaller-scale developments. As the business grew, they moved into construction, providing stunning extensions and conversions for all property types and, as of January 2018, will begin to offer new builds.
With a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of development, John manages the company’s large-scale projects. Working closely alongside clients, he takes on their vision and works to maximise budgets, ensuring each project is delivered efficiently and successfully.
After moving on from a successful career in professional rugby, Ted joined forces with John to create Jess Properties. Responsible for running smaller-scale maintenance jobs, Ted delivers stunning new bathrooms and kitchens, remaining in constant contact with clients to ensure all aspects of the job are delivered to the highest standard.
Sue, being the mum of the team, ensures everything is running like clockwork behind the scenes. Working from the main office, she manages the lettings site, organises the property portfolio and liaises with agents and clients.
Like mother like daughter, Samantha joins forces with Sue in the office making sure everything is handled quickly and professionally during each stage of development. Keeping on top of the website she also manages the property portfolio and deals with new clients on a daily basis.
Working alongside Sue and Samantha, Kim is the business’ administrator. In charge of organising the vast reams of paperwork, Kim manages all admin, processes invoices and oversees incoming calls.
Jess Property Maintenance are a member of the Federation of Master Builders and have signed the TrustMark license. They are on the Gas Safe Register and are NIC EIC registered.
Under the Federation of Master Builders they have:
- Had an inspection on a job in progress on joining and on a completed development every three years thereafter
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Jess Property Maintenance Ltd has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of FMB Insurance warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the FMB Insurance office for rates)